- 1½ pounds 80/20 ground chuck
- 8-10 strips bacon, fat rendered
- 8 ounces smoked cheddar, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced ¾-1"
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced ½"
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for sauteing onion and red peppers
- Kosher salt & ground peppercorn, to taste
- 4-8 toothpicks, soaked in water 30 minutes prior to use
- In Large Skillet over Medium Heat, lay Bacon & Render Fat, but do NOT allow to cook through.
- Set aside over paper towel-covered plate to rest.
- In LARGE Bowl, by hand, combine Ground Chuck, Garlic, Worcestershire, & Salt/Pepper, to Taste.
- Do NOT overwork the burger.
- Prepare 8 evenly formed Burger Balls & press into ½-3/4" Patties.
- Using your thumb form a dimple into center of each Patty.
- In center of 4 Burger Patties place ¼ of Chopped Mushroom & Cheese.
- Cover each of the Mushroom / Cheese Burger Patties with the remaining 4 Burger Patties.
- Press the Edges of the Bottom & Top Patties together, forming 1 Burger Patty with the Mushroom & Cheese Stuffed Inside
- To wrap the Burgers, lay 2 strips of Bacon over prep-plate & form an "X" Shape with the Bacon.
- Place the Burger over the center of the crossed Bacon & Tightly pull the bacon up & around the side of the Burger.
- Using a toothpick, pin the ends of the Bacon in place to secure wrapping.
- Plate, Cover, & set in fridge for 30min, allowing Flavors to co-mingle & marinate.
- Pull meat & let warm back towards room temperature for ~15-20min.
- Pre-Heat Grill to Medium/HOT.
- Brush exterior of Burger Patties w/ Olive Oil & Season Liberally.
- Gently lay Burger over HOT Grates & Char on Side 1 ~3-5Min.
- Flip ONCE & Grill Side 2 ~4min (Medium Rare), ~6min (Medium), & ~8-10min (Medium Well).
- Remove from heat, pull toothpick, plate, cover with tin foil & rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
METHOD to the MADNESS (Sauteed Onion/Peppers):
-In Medium Bowl, Toss Onion & Pepper with Olive Oil, Salt/Pepper, & a dusting of Granulated Garlic Powder.
-With Grill still HOT, place thick / seasoned cuts of Onion & Pepper across Center-Grates.
-Cook for 4min per side (8 Minutes Total).
-Using tongs, remove from heat & place in covered bowl, allowing to rest for 3-5 Minutes before plating.
NOW, take that BAD BURG & a big ‘ole brewski behind the woodshed for a quick lesson in, “Who’s the BOSS!”
David, A Bachelor & His Grill
Little Black Book of Online Recipes: http://www.abachelorandhisgrill.com
Daily Social Debauchery: http://www.facebook.com/bachelorsgrill
Public Text Messaging: http://www.twitter.com/bachelorsgrill
Drool-worthy Pinning: http://www.pinterest.com/bachelorsgrill
Private Hotline: email@example.com