A Bachelor & His Grill’s, “Mang0-Chili Glazed Grilled Kauai Prawn.” Cheers!
Mango & Chilli-Glazed Grilled Kauai Prawn
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 2 Pounds Large (Kauai) Prawn, De-veined & Head Removed, if necessary
- 1 Large Mango, Peeled & Cubed
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled & Minced
- 2 Sprigs Mint
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Paste
- 2 Limes Juiced
- 1 Lime Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper, or to Taste
- Coarse Salt & Ground Black Peppercorn, to Taste
- Using Pestle & Mortar (or food processor) combine Mango, Garlic, Mint & Ginger.
- In Large Bowl thoroughly mix Mango concoction with remaining Ingredients.
- In covered container or plastic bag place Prawn & pour over Mango Marinade.
- *Leave ¼-1/3 Cup of Marinade for Basting during Grilling process.
- Liberally coat Prawn amongst the Mango Marinade.
- Press air from container & refrigerate for 2hrs, stirring Prawn every 20-30minutes.
- Pull Prawn from Cooler & Pre-Heat Grill to HOT.
- With Shell still in tact, Skewer 3-4 Prawn at a Time & Place over hottest Grill Grates.
- Grill 3 Minutes per side, brushing with remaining Marinade as the Prawn Cooks.
- Remove Prawn from Grill when Shell is Pink, Char Marks set & Prawn is cooked through.
- Glaze with last brush of Marinade, plate & serve HOT.
Serving size: 4 Calories: 359 Fat: 6.3g Saturated fat: 2.2g Carbohydrates: 20.9g Sugar: 12.0g Sodium: 645mg Fiber: 0.0g Protein: 52.4g Cholesterol: 480mg