Loaded Baked French Toast Cups
Author: David, A Bachelor & His Grill
Recipe type: Breakfast
Amazing combination of Breakfast Classics, where Salty meets Sweet & all meld together into a Recipe of Morning Magic.
- 6-8 Slices Cinnamon Bread, Cut into ½" Squares
- 6 Ounces Sausage, Sliced (Pictured: Al Fresco Jalapeno Chicken Sausage)
- 4 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Salted Walnuts, Coarsely Chopped
- ⅓ Cup Dried Cranberries, sub Raisins
- ¼ Cup Low-Fat ½ and ½
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, Plus Additional for Topping
- ½ teaspoon Sugar, Plus Additional for Topping
- Optional: Maple Syrup for Topping (not shown)
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375F.
- In a Skillet over Medium Heat, Cook Sausage for 5-7Minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Remove from Heat, drain Fat/Grease from Sausage, pat dry & set aside to cool.
- In small Bowl combine Eggs, ½and1/2, Vanilla, Cinnamon & Nutmeg.
- Whisk together all Ingredients until well combined & set aside.
- In separate Large Bowl toss together Dry Ingredients - Bread, Sausage, Walnuts & Cranberries.
- In Cupcake Tin, coat with Non-Stick Spray or Paper Liners.
- Load Cups with Dry Ingredient Mixture, filling above the Brim.
- Pour Egg Mixture evenly over Dry Ingredients, distributing evenly between Cups.
- Dust Tops of French Toast Cups with Cinnamon & Sugar.
- Place in Refrigerator for 30minutes, allowing Ingredients to set.
- Pull from Refrigerator, Place in Oven & Bake for 20-25 Minutes, or until tops are Golden Brown in color & Eggs cooked through.
- Remove from Oven & allow French Toast Cups to rest in Tin for 3-5 minutes.
- Plate, sprinkle with additional Cinnamon/Sugar (to taste), & Serve with warm Maple Syrup.
- Enjoy. Smile. Make your day GREAT!