Raspberry & White Chocolate Scones
Author: David, A Bachelor & His Grill
- 2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream + Additional for Brushing
- ¾ Cup Fresh Raspberries
- ½ Cup White Chocolate Chunks
- ⅓ Cup Sugar + Additional for Sprinkling
- 1 Egg
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Cold / Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Lemon Zest
- LEMON GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 Cups Confectioners' Sugar, Sifted
- ½ Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375F.
- In Large Bowl, thoroughly combine Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, & Salt.
- Cut in Butter & Shortening.
- In separate Bowl whisk together Cream & Egg.
- Fold Cream Mixture into Flour Mixture until Batter just formed (do NOT over-work).
- Add Raspberries, Chocolate, & Lemon Zest.
- Lightly Flour hands, rolling pin & work surface.
- Knead Dough into a Ball over Floured surface.
- With Rolling Pin lightly Floured, roll Dough to ¾-1" thick.
- Cut Dough into desired Shape.
- Place cut Scone Dough over lined Cookie Sheet, brush with Cream, dust with Sugar, & Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops brown in color & Scone cooked through.
- Pull from Oven & allow Scones to cool for 10 minutes before Glazing.
- Meanwhile, briskly whisk together Confectioners' Sugar, Lemon Juice & Butter.
- Drizzle over cooled Scones & Serve as soon as Lemon Glaze firms.