Dark Chocolate Cashew Butter
- 16 Ounces Cashews, Shelled / Skinned
- 4 Ounces Dark Chocolate,
- 4 Tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 1-2 Tablespoon Honey
- 1½ teaspoons Salt
- NOTE: If subbing Peanuts, recommended to use Spanish Peanuts, shelled / skinned. Oil content of Spanish Peanuts are ideal for Peanut Butter.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350ºF.
- In Large Mixing Bowl, toss Cashews, 1 Tablespoon Oil, & dusting of Salt.
- Spread Cashews, in a single layer, over a lined Baking Sheet.
- Place in Oven for 8-10 Minutes, or until Golden Brown, stirring irregularly to ensure even toasting.
- NOTE: Cashews go from Golden Brown to REAL BURNT, REAL QUICKLY. Keep close attention around the 10 Minute Mark.
- Remove from Oven & place Roasted Cashews in Large Bowl lined with paper towel.
- Toss nuts gently for a few moments & allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In Food Processor, Pulse Roasted Cashews, Chocolate, Honey, & Salt, for 1 minute.
- Scrape Sides of Processor, folding Nuts/Chocolate back in upon the Mixture.
- Replace lid & Slowly drizzle 3 Tablespoons Peanut Oil over Mixture, while processing, until desired consistency reached, ~1-2 additional minutes.
- Serve Immediately, or Scoop Peanut Butter into Air-tight container & store up to 2 months.