Rum & Honey Grilled Peaches
Author: David, A Bachelor & His Grill
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3-4 Peaches, Halved & Pits Removed
- 1 Pint Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- ½ Cup Dark Rum
- ¼ Cup Honey + Additional for Topping
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Almonds for Topping, Salted & Coarsely Chopped
- 2-3 Leaves Fresh Mint, to Garnish
- In Large Bowl stir Rum, Honey, Brown Sugar, Extracts, & Cinnamon.
- Add Peaches, ensuring liberally coated & allow to Chill/Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Pre-Heat Grill to Hot.
- Lay Peaches face-down over the Grill for 4-6 minutes, or until exterior seared & Fruit is tender, basting with the Rum/Honey Marinade.
- Remove Peaches from Heat.
- Scoop Vanilla Bean Ice Cream into Bowl.
- Immediately top with Grilled Peaches, a drizzling of the Rum/Honey Marinade, Chopped Almonds, dusting of Cinnamon & Mint Garnish.
- Serve Ice Cream Cold with Warm Peaches.