Living near the shores of the Great Lakes there is no time I enjoy more than opening weekend of Farmer’s Markets in the small lakeside towns from South Haven to Grand Haven, on north to Traverse City & Petosky.
A Bachelor & His Grill‘s “Fresh Ginger-Honey Strawberries” was inspired by these Markets… incorporating Fresh Michigan Berries, local Wild Honey infused with Ginger Root, & accompanied by gorgeous leaves of Basil & Mint. Lite. Crisp. Simple. Sweet. Fresh. Incredibly Delicious. And… an ideal way to wind down a romantic Mid-Summer evening, as the Sun comes to rest over the Great Lake. Enjoy.
- 2 Pounds Fresh Strawberries, rinsed
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 Ounce Ginger Root, finely grated
- 1 Orange Zest, finely zested
- 1 Lemon Zest, finely zested
- Fresh Ground Cinnamon & Sugar, dusting over strawberries
- Leaves Basil & Mint, to garnish
- In Microwave-Safe Bowl combine Honey, Ginger, & Zests.
- Heat in Microwave for 2 minutes total, in 30 second increments, stirring in between Cooking.
- Remove from Microwave & pour Honey into air-tight container.
- Refrigerate for 24hours, removing within 1hour of preparing Strawberries.
- Rinse & pat dry Fresh Strawberries.
- Drizzle Strawberries with Ginger-Honey & Dust with Cinnamon.
- Garnish with Mint Leaves & Serve.
Are you looking for an alternate, fresh & fun way to put a hot twist on an old strawberry classic?! Do you love Strawberry Shortcake?! If yes to all of the above, check the video link below for my National TV Appearance on “The Outdoor Chef”. Stay Tuned. Stay Hungry. Grill On!