Q: Who knew Meat & Veggies on a stick could taste this INCREDIBLE??!
A Bachelor & His Grill‘s Backyard BBQ Hero 101: GRILLED KABOBS! This Patriotic Memorial Day INSPIRED Recipe bleeds Red, White & Blue!
Skewered with THICK Cuts of trimmed Ribeye Steak, nutrient-dense Blue Peruvian Potatoes & a host of gorgeous seasonal veggies from the local Farmer’s Market (Red Bell Peppers, White Pearl Onions & Button Mushr0oms) – This Recipe is not only Festive & Savory in EVERY way, but highlights the lighter, healthier-side of Backyard Grilling. WIN/WIN!
- 2 Boneless Ribeye Steaks, 1½-2 inches thick, cubed
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil, plus additional for basting
- Granulated Garlic Powder
- 3-4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme Leaves, chopped
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- 10-12 Blue Peruvian Potatoes
- 10-12 White Pearl onions, peeled
- 10-12 White Button Mushrooms, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 4-6 Metal or Wooden Skewers (Wooden Skewers pre-soaked 20 minutes in water).
- In an air-tight container, marinate cubed steaks for one hour in 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and the grill to hot.
- Par-bake the potatoes for 15 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Remove the steaks from refrigerator for 20 minutes and allow them to return to room temperature. Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Meanwhile, slice the potatoes in half. Skewer steak, potatoes, onions, mushrooms and peppers.
- Liberally brush skewers with the marinade.
- Place skewers over the hottest part of the grill for 4-6 minutes per side, basting intermittently with olive oil.
- Pull skewers from the grill and place under a tin foil tent for 3-5 minutes so the meat can reabsorb the juices.
- Season additionally with salt and pepper to taste.