Sunday morning check-list: 1.Wake up. Much earlier than expected… after neglecting to turn off my weekly 615am alarm clock. 2. Lay in bed for 18 minutes, contemplating a host of life’s most significant & unanswered questions, such as: 2a. Do sheep get static cling when they rub against one another? I would think yes. But, then again, I’m not sure? 2b. Why do old dudes insist upon spending hours, naked as jay birds in gym lockerooms?! Enough already. Get your workout & go home. No naked lingering. 2c. Has anyone ever, literally, killed 2 birds with a single stone? 2d. Is it possible to have an allergy to H2O? 2e. If Wile E. Coyote was of such wealth to purchase hoards of Acme Weapons… all in the name of hunger, why didn’t he just save a few billion bucks & buy dinner instead? 3. Create relative disaster of Kitchen – Elbow-deep in tweaking (NOT twerking – significant difference) new recipes. 4. Spread about words of culinary wisdom & inspiration… Good morning, Ms. Julia. 5. Gaze out window upon winter’s bitter chill, entirely convinced I shall remain dressed in PJs. All day. 6. Maintain work BlackBerry, unjustly, close at hand – It’s still the weekend, right?! 7. Unplug headphones & put surround sound on blast (Your welcome, Neighbors – I know we all love rocking a smidgeon of Huey Lewis & The News). 8. Conduct dietary winning – Devouring the photographed 5-minute magic in a mug – Baked Sweet Potato & Egg White Oatmeal. NOTE: 225 Calories, 2g Fat, 35g Carbohydrates, & 17g Protein. BOOM! 9. Light laptop keyboard on fire with velocity at which my fingers load new recipes through this Bachelor’s Blog. 10. Brew freshly ground hazelnut coffee beans, consume copious amounts of caffeine, repeat & proceed onward to making a resplendent Sunday happen.
Sweet Potato Egg White Oatmeal
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- ⅓ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup skim milk, plus additional to thin, as needed
- ½ medium sweet potato, sliced paper thin
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1-2 teaspoons honey, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch granulated garlic powder
- sea salt & fresh ground peppercorn, to taste
- Using mandolin slicer on it's thinnest setting, slice ½ sweet potato. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl stir together oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder & 1 pinch salt.
- In second mixing bowl beat eggs until soft peaks just begin to form.
- Slowly fold honey & oil into eggs.
- Spoon egg mixture into oat mixture, adding 1-2 tablespoons milk at a time until all ingredients well combined.
- Add sweet potato shavings to egg / oat mixture.
- Pour all ingredients into your favorite over-sized microwave-proof mug.
- Cook in microwave for 3-4 minutes, stopping every 60-90seconds to brush top of rising oatmeal with milk to keep moist.
- Remove from microwave & allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Dust top of oatmeal, salt, pepper, a pinch of cayenne & garlic.
- Grab spoon. Devour directly from mug.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 225 Fat: 2.5g Carbohydrates: 35g Sugar: 14g Sodium: 220mg Fiber: 2.6g Protein: 17g Cholesterol: 2mg