White Chocolate Cherry & Pistachio Cookies
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
Serves: 1.5-2 dozen cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups white chocolate chunks (or chips), plus additional for topping
- 1⅓ cups dried cherries, plus additional for topping
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled / coarsely chopped, plus additional for topping
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup lite brown Sugar, packed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 1 bottle cabernet savignon, to drink while cookies baking
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- On baking sheet, spread evenly in single layer, dry roast pistachios for 8-10 minutes, pull from heat & set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, & salt into mixing bowl.
- In separate large bowl, beat butter until lite & fluffy (use of electric mixer ideal).
- Add both sugars & vanilla to butter & continue to beat until well blended.
- Add eggs, beating mixture for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in sifted dry ingredients & beat until Ingredients just mixed.
- Using a spatula fold in white chocolate, cherries, & pistachios, mixing into dough evenly.
- Over lined baking sheets place 1-2 tablespoon scoops of dough, separated 1½-2".
- Over tops of cookie dough drops & garnish with additional chocolate / cherries / pistachios, to taste.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until cookie is plump & edges begin to turn golden brown in color.
- Meanwhile... Cork wine. Drink. Repeat.
- Pull coolies from oven & allow to cool on sheet or cookie rack.
- Serve warm.