Double Dark Chocolate Buttermilk Pancakes
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- DOUBLE DARK CHOCOLATE BUTTERMILK PANCAKES INGREDIENTS:
- 1½ cups Essential Everyday all-purpose flour
- 4-6 ounces dark chocolate chips, or chunks
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten like they owe you money
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus additional to grease skillet
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar, optional
- Maple or Chocolate syrup, optional
- GARNISH INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Mug + Bold Coffee + 2oz Irish Whiskey + Brown Sugar & Whipping Cream
- Make "Garnish" by stirring all "Garnish Ingredients" in mug, topping with cream, then consume.
- In glass stir together milk & vinegar. Allow to set for 5minutes to “sour.”
- After 5minutes, whisk egg, butter, oil, & vanilla extract into milk mixture.
- Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder / soda, cinnamon, & salt.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry, stirring until just-mixed.
- Add chocolate chips & stir again, until batter well-mixed, but slightly lumpy.
- In 4-6 tablespoon increments, pour batter into greased hot skillet, over medium heat.
- Cook on side1 until bubbles appear & edges begin to brown.
- Flip with spatula & cook side2 for additional 60-90 seconds, or until pancake cooked through.
- Set pancake aside on cooling rack & repeat process until all batter used.
- To plate, top with dusting of powdered sugar & light drizzle of syrup.
- Serve pancakes with 2nd mug of "Garnish" & consume this breakfast of champions like the boss that you are. Cheers!
Immediately after the batter is poured, with the backside of a spoon spread the batter evenly across the cake, in a circular-like fashion - preventing the cake from rising unevenly from the center, like a pillow.