Rustic Roasted Country Vegetables and Herbs
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 2 pounds mixed baby potatoes, golden, red-skinned and blue Peruvian
- 4-6 shallots, chopped
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, peel & smash with heal of hand
- 8oz mini portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 8oz carrots, chopped
- 6oz walnuts, dry roasted
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground peppercorn, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Over a lined baking sheet, in a single layer, spread walnuts, dry roasting in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat & set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables per ingredient recommendations.
- In heavy-bottom roasting pan, toss vegetables with herbs, extra virgin olive oil & seasonings.
- Spread vegetables in single layer, then roast in oven 30-40 minutes, or potatoes begin to crisp upon the exterior & become just fork tender.
- For best results, toss the vegetables & turn the roasting pan 180degrees after 25 minutes, ensuring even cooking.
- Remove vegetables from oven, toss with dry roasted walnuts & season additionally to taste.
If the pan appears over-crowded, roast vegetables in separate pans. By crowding or stacking, the vegetables will steam as opposed to roast.