Toasted Hazelnut and Minty CousCous Salad
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup couscous
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup dates, chopped (or alternate dried fruit of your choice)
- ½ cup salted hazelnuts, dry roasted & chopped
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and ground peppercorn, to taste
- In medium pot bring water, oil & ½ teaspoon salt to raging boil.
- Remove pot from heat, add couscous, cover & rest 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, over lined baking sheet dry roast hazelnuts in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove & set aside to cool.
- Bring 1 tablespoon olive oil to gentle simmer in a small skillet over medium heat, then add onion & garlic, sauteing 5-7 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Chop dates & mint.
- Toss all ingredients into pot with couscous, fluff with fork, season to taste & serve.