At heart, I’m just a simple steak & potatoes kinda fella… And, this may be among my favorite guy’s guy-type-of-recipes.
Oven roasted sea salt & thyme russet potatoes, baked to fork tender perfection. Loaded with copious amounts of succulent, slowly barbequed & shredded brisket, then topped with aged blue cheese crumble & chopped spring onion.
Simplistic in preparation & execution. Absolutely dynamic in taste, texture & presentation.
Cheers to your evenings… I’m headed back to the kitchen for another tater!
- 4 Russet or Yukon Golden Potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed
- Olive oil
- Granulated garlic powder, to taste
- Kosher Salt & fresh ground peppercorn, to taste.
- A Bachelor & His Grill's, "South Texas Smoked & Shredded BBQ Brisket"
- Blue cheese, crumbled
- Spring onion, chopped
- Prepare A Bachelor & His Grill's, "South Texas Smoked & Shredded BBQ Brisket". Provide 8 hours in advance of baking potatoes to marinate & smoke brisket.
- With one hour of cook time remaining to smoke brisket, preheat oven to 350○F.
- Brush potatoes with oil, season liberally with salt, pepper & garlic powder.
- Wrap tightly in tin foil & bake in oven for 45 minutes, or until just fork tender.
- Carefully remove potato from wrap & let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice potato open lengthwise, compress at ends to open, lightly drizzle olive oil over interior of potato, & season additionally, to taste.
- Turn on oven's broiler & place potatoes back in the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the spuds develop a crisp & golden brown exterior.
- Fork copious amounts of barbequed brisket into center of the potato, then top with blue cheese crumble & spring onions.
- Serve with a fork, extra napkins & side of ice cold brewski. Cheers!