Farmer's Market Phyllo Pie
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 10-12 phyllo dough sheets, brushed with 1:1 solution of water:canola oil
- Eggs - 4 whole, 8 whites, whisked until well-mixed
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- ½ cup Heirloom grape tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Red skinned potatoes, chopped
- Sweet pepper & green chilies, sliced & seeded
- 1 teaspoon each - basil & thyme
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- Kosher salt and fresh ground peppercorn, to taste
- Chop, season & roast taters ~15-20min @ 350F or until just golden brown. Remove from oven & set on cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion, garlic & mushroom in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-7 minutes, or until just fragrant. Set aside.
- Slice peppers, ground herbs, whisk eggs with cream. Set aside.
- Fold all filling ingredients together in large bowl.
- In a greased heavy bottom pan lay 5-6 oil-brushed sheets of phyllo dough. Spoon in prepared filling near brim. Lay 4-5 additional sheets of oil-brushed phyllo over pie as topping, pinching edges together. Lightly brush pie top with oil & season additionally with salt, peppercorn & herbs.
- Bake @ 375F for 25-30min, or until eggs cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 10-15min. Serve with wine.