Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Pistachios
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pinches ground cayenne pepper
- 2 pinch sweet paprika
- ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt and fresh ground peppercorn, to taste
- 1 cup salted and roasted pistachios, shelled
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450○F.
- Make a series of slices ⅔ deep into potato, at ~1/8" intervals
- In a small bowl combine butter, oil, garlic, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper. Brush sliced potato inside and out with the mixture.
- Lay potatoes over a lined backing sheet, then in oven for 30 minutes. Then using a fork, fan slices separating from one another. Bake for additional 15-30 minutes, basting intermittently, or until exterior crisp & interior fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in an iron skillet over medium heat, dry roast pistachios for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove pistachios from heat & allow to cool completely. Set aside.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Place on a cooling rack. Re-fan the sliced potato. Season additionally to taste, dust with cinnamon, garnish with pistachios and feta, then serve!