The annual stress of Thanksgiving madness just changed. FOREVER.
With the holiday season only weeks away I’m diligently testing cooking methods & recipes for 3 types of winged creatures – Turkey, Chicken & Duck – The birds that strike fear in the hearts of holiday hosts year in & year out. SO MUCH PRESSURE… with all hopes & prayers weighing on outcome of one massive (traditionally over-roasted, flavorless & bone dry) no-longer feathered, fowl friend.
Well. I’ve roasted them. I’ve deep fried them. I’ve smoked them. I’ve grilled them.
After 5 Turkeys, 2 Chickens, 1 Duck & approximately 85lbs of meat sampling – THE ABSOLUTE BEST BIRD I’VE EVER MADE JUST HAPPENED!
Skin herb-encrusted, golden brown & crisped to perfection. Dark meat so tender it pulled from the bone. And… white breast meat succulent & juicy to very last bite.
Oh. And. By the way. It was the simplest of all the methods!! WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
SO HOW’D I DO IT??!
1. Next-level cooking technology – I picked up a brand spanking new Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Big Easy Oil-less Deep Fryer – Normally $110 Retail… But, RIGHT NOW Amazon.com is selling these bad boys 20% OFF + FREE Shipping!
2. Massaged a Whole Foods Fresh Turkey with a few handfuls of “A Bachelor & His Grill’s” special BBQ Rub (see recipe below).
3. Turned on the oil-less frier to 600F.
4. Dropped in the bird @ 10min per pound of meat. Then, cracked open & drank 2 ice cold brewskies.
5. DONE – NO basting. NO grease. NO safety concerns. NO moisture loss. NO cleanup. NO hassle. 3hrs later. Turkey magic. Seriously. Just that EASY.
The chicken in the video clip looked rather legit, huh? Well. I unabashedly devoured that beast one mouth-watering, glorious bite at a time!! Just phenomenal. But, I slightly digress…
Now. I get emailed 15X a week with requests to test the latest & greatest in cooking instruments, gadgets, etc. And… 104% of those products are fantastically AWFUL (Dear solicitor of garbage grilling gadgets – I do not like you – Stop emailing me to test your shiz).
Note: I realize 104% is not possible, but the numerator is inclusive of individuals, who are currently creating POS products, that will unfortunately email me eventually.
On the other hand, Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Big Easy Oil-less Deep Frier meets my 5 MAJOR CRITERIA for value-add product:
- Is it SIMPLE to setup & operate? YES – 1hr to setup outta the box + 1 on/off switch + 1click ignition. BOOM!
- Is it effective, with reliable & consistent results? YES – Eliminates ALL convective airflow that typically dries out lean birds, pork loins & larger hunks of beef – Leveraging TRU-Inrared Technology, producing moist, succulent meat.
- Is it efficient? YES – Cooks @ 16,000 BTUs & 600F @ 10min per lb. Not only energy efficient, but lab tested results demonstrate 30% less moisture loss in meats, as compared to alternate methods. And, Bonus = Herbs, rubs & marinades encrust, as opposed to wash away in traditional basting or deep-frying processes.
- Is it durable? YES – Constructed of Stainless Steel.
- Is it priced reasonably? YES – Costs less than a $100 bucks & Amazon is now shipping for FREE!
See below for a phenomenal BBQ Chicken Recipe (Stay tuned for Turkey & Duck Recipes), product details & fellow bloggers who’ve independently reviewed the product. Tons of good stuff.
- 1 3 pound whole chicken, giblets and innards removed
- 1 cup Poultry Barbeque Dry Rub, recipe below
- Olive oil, for optional basting
- Kosher salt & fresh ground peppercorn, to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Celery salt & ground peppercorn, to taste
- Char-Broil's TRU-Infrared Big Easy Oil-less Fryer
- 6'er of ice cold brewski, for drinking while that bird roasts
- Preheat Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer. Meanwhile, massage chicken with seasoning rub. Place chicken into cage & drop into frier for 8-10 minutes per pound, basting optional. Drink brewski. Remove chicken from fryer & tent with tin foil for 7-10 minutes before carving. Season to taste & serving.
- Yes - It's just that easy!
In closing, as a seasoned veteran with birds of all colors, I’d recommend The Big Easy to the most professional of Holiday Hosts (In fact, our annual family Thanksgiving Feast will be fueled by The BIG EASY)! But, if you’re not showing up to my place, I’d particularly recommend the product to those considering hosting family festivities for the first time – Simplify the hassle, hustle & bustle – The Big Easy makes roasting a turkey just too easy. Period.
Click HERE for product highlights, specifications & consumer reviews. Click the video below for further product demonstration. Or see blog roll for reviews from other trusted, well-recognized Grill Masters.
BLOG ROLL: Catherine @ South In My Mouth. Julie @ She Smoke: A Backyard Barbecue Book, by Julie Reinhardt. Christo @ Chef Christo Gonzales. Jane @ The Heritage Cook. Danielle @ Diva Q. Curt @ Livefire Photography. Scott @ GrillinFools.com. Chris @ NibbleMeThis.
CHEERS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS! -DAVID