Double Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
Serves: 12-18 Cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus 8 ounces, separated
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate espresso beans, finely chopped or pulsed in food processor
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In double-boiler over low-medium heat, slowly melt together 1 cup chocolate chips & butter. Stir occasionally until smooth in texture, ensuring to not boil chocolate. Set aside to cool.
- In mixing bowl sift together flour, salt, baking powder & cocoa powder.
- In separate mixing bowl beat eggs, oil, sugars, water, & vanilla. Set aside.
- Slowly fold together wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir in chopped espresso beans, melted chocolate & raw chocolate chips. Mix until cookie batter is just smooth.
- Form dough balls by hand. Place on a lined baking sheet, spacing 2-3" apart.
- Bake in oven 12-15 minutes, or until cookies have risen, edges lightly brown & tops just begin to crack. Remove from oven. Cool on pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a rack for 7-10 minutes.
- Pour ice cold glass of milk. Consume multiple handfuls of cookies. Consider sharing with friends. Repeat.