Dear Santa – I’ve tried so hard to be mostly good all year long, with a moderate degree of consistency. I rescued a kitten. Kissed babies. Picked up litter in the park. And, even helped an old lady cross the road.
Just asking for a bit of leeway on that 1 night in Copenhagen, 2 nights in Vegas & afternoon on Lake Michigan this past Summer.
Oh. Also. A dozen of these cookies & an ice cold glass of milk are waiting for you next to the Christmas Tree.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! -David
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In mixing bowl whisk together powdered sugar & flour. Set aside.
- In separate large mixing bowl thoroughly combine cake mix, eggs, oil & vanilla.
- Test a spoonful batter when no one is looking - Just to make sure it's "safe to consume." Also, consider retesting with a 2nd spoonful if initial results were inconclusive.;)
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of cookie batter & roll into a ball. Toss into powdered sugar mix covering entirely. Place balls on lined cookie sheet 2-3" apart. Repeat until all batter is used.
- -Slide in the oven & bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the exterior of the cookie begins to crack.
- -Remove from oven. Allow to cool completely over rack. Serve.