Watermelon-Mint Salad with Buffalo Mozzarella and Balsamic Reduction
Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
Serves: 4-6 Salads
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cubed and lightly drizzled in honey
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced and seeded
- 1 small-medium red onion, finely sliced
- Green spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup buffalo mozzarella cheese pearls
- 1 splash olive oil
- 2 splashes balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground sea salt and peppercorn, to taste
- Balsamic reduction, to garnish
- ½ cup pistachios, roasted and chopped
- Fresh leaves of mint and basil, to garnish
- Prepare watermelon by slicing into cubes, then drizzling with honey. Set aside. Per instructions above, prepare tomatoes, jalapenos, red and green onions. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl toss together watermelon, tomatoes, jalapenos, mozzarella, red and green onions. Splash with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- To plate, place 2 large scoops of the tossed fruits, cheese and vegetables into bottom of serving bowl. Season to taste. Drizzle with balsamic reduction. Garnish with pistachios and herbs. Serve.